Thursday, January 29, 2015

Establishing the New Normal

The last couple days we have been trying to get about to a routine but  we have a ways to go. This morning I got up and ran for the first time since St Augustine. Of course I haven't worked out regularly since we got this boat. Want to get back to it. Since I can't run everyday I'm hoping for 2x a week. Only ran about 4 miles this morning. Maybe I can run Saturday and get up to 6 miles.

Came back and made my Saturday breakfast, Mexican Eggs. I chop fresh jalapeno and habanero peppers and throw them in some eggs with mexicheese, salsa, cilantro, cholula sauce, oregano and chipotle. Eat them with a tortilla. Gets digestion going for the whole day.

Today we got on with boat chores. Did a pump out actually right after I got back from my run and then got on with changing the engine oil and fuel filters. When I actually checked the hours theyw ere less than I thought but I went ahead because the next time might not be so convenient. Since our initial bout with fuel filter issues we haven't had any and when I changed the filters I noticed they weren't real dirty so I'm hoping we are over the engine choking dirt coming from the tank. Always best to keep ahead of things like that.

After finishing the engine service got cleaned up. During the day Linda made a flaxseed meal bread from scratch and played in her elimination shuffleboard competition. Fortunately she lost so we can go to Key West tomorrow.

We then walked across the street to a Yanmar repair shop and bought some replacement fuel and oil filters on our way to Burdines where we were the other day. Today enjoyed an early hour of beer and french fries. We then walked back to the HCC happy hour. Unfortunately, the wind was blowing on this side the island so everyone was ready to head in early.

Weather has been blustery and hopefully it will come down in the next few days. Also looking for warm-up as it has only been in the 60's and low 70's. Way below average for this time of year. At Burdine's they had the Weather Channel on and noticed more snow coming to the northeast.

Sorry guys. We have an extra room for anyone wants to visit. We have lived in snow country, enjoyed it, but hopefully never again.

Since we've been so busy all week tomorrow we plan to take the bus into Key West tomorrow and spending Saturday again working on the boat.

We're still working tasks that should have been done before we left along with recurring maintenance issues. Once we get through these we will be able to get to the days of rum and kicking back. Hopefully it will be warmer then.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment