Sunday, November 30, 2014

Well, we're back to the RW (if this is the RW) but at least the temperature hasn't been below freezing since we went to bed Friday night.

We got back to closing down our 380 today by getting off the rest of our stuff and beginning the cleaning. Tomorrow I need to wash the deck and put on the winter cover. Then we can finish up cleaning the inside and getting ready to leave it while we head south.

This morning I was rudely awakened when Linda was showering but the drain pump was not draining the shower. The pump was running and I opened the strainer and while it was messy it should not have stopped the flow. But, there was little water running out of the strainer so obviously the line was blocked. Since we wanted to get out to the other boat I closed it up to deal with later. While at Herrington I bought another pump at West Marine just in case the pump didn't work. I found the sump and where the line ran to the strainer but my arms were about 2 feet too short and my chest was about 6 inches too big to really get in there. So, I thought I'd start from the easy end. I got the hose off the pump and Linda on the switch and the suction almost sucked the skin off my finger so there was no problem at the pump. Next I removed the strainer and gallons of water gushed out of the line and  I looked at the strainer and there was an almost solid clog blocking the intake. Cleaned it out and now the shower drain will drain Niagara Falls.

The deck was waxed last week and the boat looks great. The dodger and bimini are done and just waiting for the enclosures and then I think we can finally leave. We're thinking Wednesday and the weather is looking promising.

So, Monday we finish the 380 and Tuesday we get the boat ready to sail.

More to follow.

ME

No comments:

Post a Comment